Subscribe to this site and get all the free worksheets, and many more, as pdfs and online gapfill exercises, as well as the two books, The Latin Heart of English Volume 1 and The Liondale English Language Series Volume 1 (pdf downloads), for only £10! Click here: Subscribe to site
Count and Non-count 2
Grammar - information and contents
This exercise practises nouns which can be both count and non-count usually with different meanings. Read the sentences and put the correct words in the gaps. Make sure you put them in the correct forms in the singular or plural with articles where necessary. Indicate at the end of each sentence whether the noun is count or non-count. Each word is used twice, once as a count and once as a non-count noun.
dress, egg, interest lamb, work
1. I bought the complete ____________________ of Shakespeare because I want to read all of his plays.
2. One of the most important things to remember if you want to do well in a job interview is ____________________. You should always wear a suit and tie.
3. I have to go away for a few months, so I've asked my brother to look after my business and ____________________ until I come back.
4. I love ____________________. They're so small, cuddly and wooly.
5. Look at your jacket. You've got some ____________________ on it. You'd better go and wash it off.
6. We conducted a survey to find out what people think about the idea of a new sports magazine and there was a lot of ____________________.
7. For my main course I'd like ____________________ with mint sauce and vegetables, please.
8. I can't go out tonight because I've got a lot of ____________________ to finish for my presentation tomorrow.
9. I bought ____________________ for the dinner and dance next week. It's really lovely. Do you want to see it?
10. To make this recipe you need half a kilo of flour, 250 ml of milk, 100 gr of sugar, 100 gr of butter and three ____________________.
© Marc Loewenthal, eflworksheets.com, 2000-2012