Subscribe to this site and get all the free worksheets, and many more, as pdfs and online gapfill exercises, as well as the two books, The Latin Heart of English Volume 1 and The Liondale English Language Series Volume 1 (pdf downloads), for only £10! Click here: Subscribe to site
Middle Verbs 1
Grammar - information and contents
There are many verbs in English
which can be used in the active, middle or passive (see the teacher's page).
Look at these verbs and put them in the correct sentences in the correct form.
Then state whether they are active, middle or passive by putting a, m
or p after the sentence.
change, drive, feel, increase, return
1. The government has ________________
tax on cigarettes and alcohol.
2. The explosion was so powerful
it could ________________ up to two miles away.
3. After he came out of prison I
could see that he had ________________ a great deal.
4. I ________________ the
car from London to Paris in six hours last week.
5. I have to ________________ these books tomorrow or I'll get a fine.
6. I ________________ my head and
found blood coming from a cut caused by the fall.
7. She ________________ home by
the police after they had questioned her.
8. When everyone has gone and
you've locked up, make sure that the keys ________________ to the security
9. John decided to ________________
his name from Smith to Jones.
10. Last month inflation ________________
from 1% to 1.5%.
11. When I finished my last exam
I ________________ fantastic.
12. When Adrian came back from
holiday he found that the locks had ________________ and he couldn't get in to
13. I can't wait for the warm
weather to ________________.
14. My new car ________________
15. My salary ________________ by
the company after I threatened to leave and get a new job.
© Marc Loewenthal, eflworksheets.com, 2000-2012