Subscribe to this site and get all the free worksheets, and many more, as pdfs and online gapfill exercises, as well as the two books, The Latin Heart of English Volume 1 and The Liondale English Language Series Volume 1 (pdf downloads), for only £10! Click here: Subscribe to site
Word focus - Time 1
Word focus - information and contents
This exercise practises the word time used with determiners. Time can be countable or uncountable and has different meanings in each category. Choose the correct word or phrase to put in each sentence.
all the time, a time, every time, many times, much time, no time, some of the time, sometime, some time, sometimes
1. I've never been to New York, but I'm hoping to go there ________________________ in the next year or so.
2. This is a difficult decision to make. I need ________________________ to think about it.
3. The park is very beautiful in summer. ________________________ I sit by the lake and watch the ducks swimming.
4. I leave a light on in my house ________________________ to deter burglars. You never know when they're around.
5. My girlfriend's angry with me because I forgot her birthday. ________________________ I call her she puts the phone down without speaking.
6. There was ________________________ when I liked visiting London, but it's too busy and crowded for my liking now.
7. I woke up late today, so I had ________________________ for breakfast. I'm really hungry now.
8. We had a nice day out yesterday. It rained ________________________ but there was a lot of sun as well.
9. I went to Paris on business last week. Of all the attractions I only visited the Eiffel Tower because I didn't have ________________________, but I hope to go again on holiday.
10. Peter was late so ________________________ that in the end he lost his job.
© Marc Loewenthal, eflworksheets.com, 2000-2010