Subscribe to this site and get all the free worksheets, and many more, as pdfs and online gapfill exercises, as well as the two books, The Latin Heart of English Volume 1 and The Liondale English Language Series Volume 1 (pdf downloads), for only £10! Click here: Subscribe to site
Vocabareas - information and contents
These verbs each use two different
noun suffixes to form nouns. Add the appropriate suffixes to each of them
and put the derived nouns in the relevant sentences in the correct form.
Try to work out the nouns first before you check them in a dictionary.
admit, consult, deliver, enter,
1. There were so many fans waiting for
the group to arrive at the concert hall that they had to go in by the back
2. I'm sorry, madam. We don't have any
eggs left in the shop, but we're expecting a ____________________ tomorrow.
3. The ____________________ by the
national team captain, that he had taken money to lose games, shocked the whole nation.
4. I left my job in the company last year and
started my own ____________________ to advise people going into business for the
5. After the ____________________ of his
case to the Appeals Court, he felt that he would finally get out of
6. In his speech the president made a
number of ____________________ to the previous day's events.
7. It snowed for twelve days in
____________________ last December.
8. No ____________________ for children
unless accompanied by an adult.
9.We can't go down that road. There's a
no ____________________ sign.
10. It's very difficult for us to accept
losing, especially as we have enjoyed so much ____________________ for
such a long time.
11. The people prayed to God for
____________________ from the misfortunes that they were suffering.
12. My doctor arranged a ____________________ for me with an eye specialist.
© Marc Loewenthal, eflworksheets.com, 2000-2010