Subscribe to this site and get all the free worksheets, and many more, as pdfs and online gapfill exercises, as well as the two books, The Latin Heart of English Volume 1 and The Liondale English Language Series Volume 1 (pdf downloads), for only £10! Click here: Subscribe to site
Similar Words 1
Vocabareas - Information and Contents
These exercises practise using words which
have similar meanings and which are often confused. Decide which of the words
should go in the gaps. Remember to put them in the correct form.
journey, travel, trip, voyage
1. I'm going on a ________________ to Paris on
Monday. I'll be back on Saturday.
2. On its first _______________ to America the
Titanic hit an iceberg and sank.
3. I saw many wonderful places and met
many interesting people while I was going round the world. I think
________________ is my favourite activity now.
4. I've had a very long, hard ________________
so I'd like to rest today and start work again tomorrow.
bother, care, disturb, mind, molest
5. The police arrested him and charged him
with ________________ children in his care.
6. It's OK. I don't ________________ if you
bring your friend. I'd quite like to meet him, actually.
7. Look, children. I've got a lot of work to
do today, so stop ________________ me and go outside and play in the garden.
8. You never agree to do what I want, so you
can just do what you like now. I really don't ________________ any more.
9. Miss Smith, if anybody calls for me, please
take a message. I've got an important client and I don't want to be ________________.
© Marc Loewenthal, eflworksheets.com, 2000-2010