Subscribe to this site and get all the free worksheets, and many more, as pdfs and online gapfill exercises, as well as the two books, The Latin Heart of English Volume 1 and The Liondale English Language Series Volume 1 (pdf downloads), for only £10! Click here: Subscribe to site
Word Groups - Bring Get Take
Word Groups - information and contents
This exercise practises these three verbs which are used to indicate transport but in different directions. Read the sentences and put the correct verbs in the gaps. Make sure you put them in the correct forms. Look at the teacher's notes for a complete explanation.
1. Don't forget to ____________________ your passport with you when you go on holiday.
2. Can I ____________________ a friend with me to your party, John?
3. I want you to leave now and ____________________ all your things with you.
4. When you go out can you ____________________ me a newspaper?
5. "Did you go to John's party?"
"Yes. I ____________________ a friend and we really enjoyed it."
6. When I came here last year I ____________________ far too many clothes with me, but this time I've got the right amount.
7. You go and find a place to sit, and I'll ____________________ the drinks.
8. Can I ____________________ the car to the front of the house? We've got too much luggage to carry.
9. Dinner's ready, everybody! Come and ____________________ it!
10. Don't forget to ____________________ your bicycle with you when you come to stay. The countryside around here is marvellous.
11. When I arrived home I found that my wife had left and ____________________ all her things.
12. I was out yesterday ____________________ the shopping, when I met an old friend from university.
© Marc Loewenthal, eflworksheets.com, 2000-2010