Subscribe to this site and get all the free worksheets, and many more, as pdfs and online gapfill exercises, as well as the two books, The Latin Heart of English Volume 1 and The Liondale English Language Series Volume 1 (pdf downloads), for only £10! Click here: Subscribe to site
Word Groups - Verbs Meaning Look/Watch 1
Word Groups - information and contents
This exercise practises verbs meaning look (at) or watch. Choose the best word to put in each gap. Make sure that you put it in the correct form.
examine, eye, glance, inspect, observe, peer, stare, view
1. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Janice wasn't expecting any one at that time of the day, so she carefully ____________________ through the curtain to see who was there.
2. We've just got a letter form the Education Ministry. We're going to be ____________________ in three months' time so we have to make sure all the teachers are prepared.
3. Jane! Don't look now, but I think that man sitting at the table in the corner is ____________________ us up. I wonder what he wants?
4. As the train pulled into the station Jason ____________________ nervously at his watch. It was getting late so he decided to take a taxi to the company's offices.
5. After the archaeologists had finished digging up the bones, they took them back to their laboratory and ____________________ them carefully for the next few weeks.
6. I've got two tickets to ____________________ the new Spielback film tonight, before it opens to the public tomorrow.
7. The police occupied an apartment across the road from the criminals' hideout so that they could ____________________ their movements.
8. When I arrived at the village, all the children came out and ____________________ at me. It seemed that they had never seen a European before.
© Marc Loewenthal, eflworksheets.com, 2000-2010