Subscribe to this site and get all the free worksheets, and many more, as pdfs and online gapfill exercises, as well as the two books, The Latin Heart of English Volume 1 and The Liondale English Language Series Volume 1 (pdf downloads), for only £10! Click here: Subscribe to site
Verbs meaning See
Wordgroups - Information and Contents
This exercise practises words which
have the basic meaning of see. Put one of the verbs in the list into
the gap in each of the sentences. Make sure you use the correct form.
discern, glimpse, make out, notice, observe,
realise, regard, understand, view, witness
1. When she walked into the room I ________________
that she was very tired and worn out.
2. I was walking across a field when just for
a moment I _______________ a strange animal by the gate. It was gone in a
3. I ________________ this type of behaviour
as very damaging to the reputation of the school.
4. It was a very foggy night and I couldn't ________________
what was happening.
5. The exhibition will be open to the public
to ________________ from next Monday.
6. I tried very hard but I could not ________________
any difference between the twins.
7. I ________________ the robbery so the
police want me to give evidence.
8. As part of my course I had to
________________ other teachers in class and write reports.
9. I can ________________ what you are trying
to say, but I don't agree with you.
10. I suddenly ________________ what he
was trying to tell me.
© Marc Loewenthal, eflworksheets.com, 2000-2010